The State Scholarships Foundation (Ι.Κ.Υ.) announces that it will offer up to fifty (50) scholarships to foreign nationals (non-Greek Nationals or non-Greek Nationals of Greek descent) from countries worldwide, in order to attend courses and seminars in the Modern Greek Language and Culture.
This programme offers learning opportunities at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels following a placement test and subject to sufficient students’ number.
Beneficiaries will be introduced to Greek History, Culture and Arts through seminars, educational visits to the sites of the city of study and excursions to other historic sites of Greece.
Cultural events and visits to archaeological sites are included in the course where an active participation is required.
DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is only offered for a specific course in the Modern Greek Language and Culture organised at one Greek State University, which will be decided by the I.K.Y after a selection process.
The courses will last from December 2019 until June 2020.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
1. Hold a graduate degree from a non-Greek University outside Greece
2. Be nationals of any country of the world excluding Greece
3. Not with dual nationality – both foreign and Greek
4. Be not permanent residents in Greece
Applicants must meet the above requirements by the application deadline.
Any deviation from the above requirements entails the application’s rejection.
Incomplete or inaccurate application files will not be taken into consideration.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. An application form, duly completed, signed and with one recent photograph attached.
2. An up-to-date curriculum vitae according to the European template “Europass” (in English or Greek language).
3. Certified copies of University Diplomas – Degrees.
4. One (1) letter of reference-at least- (in Greek, English or French) by a University Professor.
5. A recent health certificate by a national hospital or from the relevant recognized health service stating that the applicant does not suffer from any infectious diseases.
6. A copy of a valid passport / national identity card.
• Certificate indicating the knowledge of Greek language (if any).
The knowledge of the English language is a prerequisite for the participation to this programme.
• The application form and the curriculum vitae (as WORD documents), along with all the required documentation shall be submitted to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, until the 14/11/2019 (November 14th, 2019).
• The selected candidates are required to submit to the I.K.Y. all the documents in hard copy, properly certified (see below) within the first ten (10) days of December 2019.
The application shall be submitted in Greek or in English.
Application forms are available from the I.K.Y website at: www.iky.gr or the Greek Diplomatic Mission.
If the documentation is not in Greek a certified translation (by the Greek Diplomatic Authorities abroad) into Greek, English or French must be supplied.
In addition, documents numbered 3 and 5 should bear the Apostille or be certified by the Greek Diplomatic Authorities (the Embassy or Consulate) in cases where the candidate’s state of origin is not a member of the Hague Convention (Apostille) of 5 October 1961 abolishing the requirement of legalisation for foreign public documents.
Applicants must submit only certified copies, not the original documents.
• In the context of guaranteeing equal opportunities, the I.K.Y. will try to provide equal number of scholarships for men and women of all age groups.
• Candidates coming from countries with little or no presence of the Greek language or from geographical areas where there is no possibility/means for teaching/dissemination of the Greek language shall have priority.
• Applicants who are or have been on a scholarship by the I.K.Y. will be excluded from the programme.
The electronic application deadline for all the required documents is 14/11/2019 (November 14th, 2019).
The selected candidates are required to submit to the I.K.Y. all the documents in hard copy, properly certified, within the first ten (10) days of December 2019.
Applicants will be notified of the results on IKY website: www.iky.gr.
The scholarship covers the following costs:
a. Free meals and accommodation in University residence or in flats provided by the University which will undertake the programme.
b. A monthly allowance of 150, 00€ (net amount) for personal expenses.
c. 200, 00€ for initial expenses.
d. Free emergency medical treatment under the Greek National Health Service (only in public hospitals). European citizens should have the European Insurance Illness Card from their insurance agency of their country.
e. Tuition fees and other relevant University costs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Scholarship holders must regularly attend courses and participate in all activities of the programme of study. On successful completion -which requires regular participation in all the activities of the study programme-, the Greek University will provide students with a certificate of attendance.
Η αναδημοσίευση του περιεχομένου του GreeceJapan.com (φωτογραφιών, κειμένου, γραφικών) δεν επιτρέπεται χωρίς την εκ των προτέρων έγγραφη άδεια του GreeceJapan.com